This part-time position at Urgent Care of Wilbraham is 19-21 hours per week with an every-third-weekend rotation. The schedule includes 10.5-hour weekday shifts and 8.5-hour weekend shifts. There may be a sporadic need to provide coverage at our Urgent Care of Holden location for schedule needs or vacation coverage, which is eligible for travel/mileage reimbursement.
Under general supervision, the Radiologic Technologist is responsible to assist the Provider, Nurses, Clinical Assistants, Patient Service Representatives, Practice Office Coordinators, Practice Operations Supervisors, and Practice Administrator/RN in support of delivering expert medical care to our patients. Day-to-day activities will vary from greeting patients, telephone coverage, visit registration, and assist/directs patients with inquiries, operating diagnostic radiographic equipment, collecting patient information, performing point-of-care testing, coordinating laboratory specimen send-outs, and maintain inventory control, all while executing our goal to provide top-notch care.
Overall, the Radiologic Technologist has a direct interaction with patients and is an integral component in helping deliver our mission of bringing ER expertise to life's little emergencies.
- The ideal team member will have prior relevant experience in a similar or same environment, 1-3 years preferred.
- Valid state licensure through the Massachusetts Department of Radiation Control and registered with ARRT, as well as a high school diploma or equivalent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides exemplary customer service; greet and treat all patients, visitors, and coworkers with courtesy and discretion.
- Communicates in a courteous, professional, cooperative, and mature manner.
- Enters confidential personal health information and financial information into a computerized system with a high rate of accuracy.
- Applies and demonstrates Infection control policies and adheres to Universal Precautions.
- Complies with federal and local laws in ensuring patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to emergency situations.
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST RT(R):
- Performs radiographic examinations of specified body areas/parts as ordered following established protocols.
- Applies principles of radiation protection for themselves and others.
- Prepares and adjusts equipment, determines, proper positing and technical factors to obtain quality diagnostic radiographs.
- Evaluates images for technical quality and sends images to PACS for interpretation by the Radiologist.
- Maintains compliance with ALARA and radiation safety regulations.
- Follows established radiation safety procedures, utilized shielding where appropriate.
- Maintains radiology suite in an orderly and clean manner following disinfectant policies.
- Checks radiologic equipment, supplies, and accessories on a regular basis and maintains an adequate inventory.
- Assists in maintaining film library thru PACS archive and all related functions.